$44 Billion Deal to Buy Twitter
Elon Musk is the new Boss of Twitter: What to expect?
Who isn’t happy with buying it? Let’s find out in our breaking post
Elon Musk agreed to purchase Twitter for $44 billion following a night of negotiations with the social media company’s 11 board members. To buy Twitter, Musk raised $25.5 billion in debt, including a $12.5 billion margin loan secured by his shares in Tesla, from a group of banks led by Wall Street bank Morgan Stanley.
He loves Twitter and has a massive audience of 83.8 million subscribers.
How Twitter will finally transform under Musk’s leadership remains unclear. But the billionaire Tesla & SpaceX founder has made some of his overarching intentions for the company apparent. Let’s review them more carefully.
General Twitter statistics in 2021
• Annual revenue stands at just over $5 billion in 2021
• Twitter.com is the 9th most visited website globally
• Twitter is the world’s 7th favorite social media platform
• The most liberal social media platforms
• 30% of Twitter’s audience are women
• There are over 500 million Tweets sent per day
• 46% of Twitter users say that using the platform has helped them to understand world events
• People will spend 6-minutes per day on Twitter in 2022
• Twitter is more popular with millennials than Gen-Z